Historic homestead with 2 homes on the National Historic Register, caretakers home, 2 private ponds, and 77+/- acres fenced for livestock within easy reach of Atlanta, Augusta, and Athens. Moore-Crutchfield Place was established as a frontier farmstead about 1786, and been continually farmed since. The C.1841 Plantation Plain home has hand-planed horizontal heart pine boards throughout, and heart pine floors. Classic layout includes a wide center hall, two over two, with sheds to front and rear. The C.1810 log home was built of hand-hewn logs with dovetail notching, and consists of one room with a loft above, massive fireplace and a shed addition. Both homes were restored under the supervision of Lane Greene, restoration architect.