13 Things You Need To Know About Dating Someone From ProvidenceAre you looking for a big heart, the life of the party, and all-day Del’s? Then you should date someone from The Creative Capital.
1. Folks In Providence Have The Big Hearts Of Small Towners
Source: Flickr user Librarian AvengerProvidencers are proud of their small city—they love that everyone knows everyone. It makes them more caring, genuine individuals who are great partners in relationships.
2. Smart Is Sexy And Folks From Providence Are Some Of The Smartest People Around
Source: Facebook user Brown UniversityWith such well known colleges as RISD and Brown, it makes sense that Providencers make for some of the most intellectually stimulating romantic partners.
3. Folks From Providence Will Surprise You With A New York System Hot Wiener
Source: flickr user image 415Before you say anything, It’s not what it sounds like...The New York System Hot Wieners are Providence’s famous hot dogs that everyone loves. And we promise if you date someone from Providence, you will be regularly surprised with one of these delicious snacks.
4. Or Even Better, On A Hot Day They’ll Surprise You With Del’sSource; Facebook User Del’s Lemonade Let’s face it: the only thing better than spending a day with your love, is spending a day eating Del’s frozen lemonade with your love. There’s nothing sweeter.
5. If You Date Someone From Providence, You’re Instantly Family
Source: federalhillprov.comProvidence has the fifth largest Italian-American population in the country, which means if your partner brings you home to mom and dad, you're about to become part of the family. So get ready for some home-cooked lasagna and some serious family love.
6. And They’re Smoking Hot, Too
Source: Narragansett Beer via FacebookAccording to Travel and Leisure’s national survey, Providence ranked No. 2 for having the most attractive locals. And just looking around you will verify that! People are just hotter here.
7. You Can Count On A Long Life Together Because Everyone In Providence Is In Great Shape
Source: Flickr user CthulhuWho1 (Will Hart)Providence has giant, steep hills all over the city, and everyone is all about walking and biking these hills. Which explains why everyone is so darn fit and good-looking.
8. There’s Never A Dull Moment With Someone From Providence By Your Side
Source: Facebook user Narragansett BeerIf you’re dating someone from Providence, you’ll never be bored. With Brown and RISD right in the heart of the city, and with so many young professionals and aspiring artists and musicians, Providence is constantly alive with action and people here are always up for anything. Plus, it doesn’t hurt that even as simple as grabbing a beer here means having a Narragansett, aka the best beer, ever
9. Your Providence Sweetheart Will Make You The Best Mix Tapes
Source: facebook user Roxy ProvidenceYou’ll never need to make a playlist again when you’re dating someone from Providence. With such a huge music and DJ scene, dating someone from Providence means you will have a partner who will constantly be playing the soundtrack to your life for you.
10. A Providence Sweetheart Is Always Up For A Romantic Day At The Beach
Source: Flickr user David, Bergin, Emmett and ElliottSure, you don’t date someone because of their beach house… but it doesn’t hurt that everyone in Providence either has a beach house or knows someone who does.
11. Folks In This City Are Incredibly Creative And Talented...
Source: facebook user RISDThe Rhode Island School of Design is located in Providence and the city is known for its love of art and culture. So if you’re dating someone from Providence, your world’s about to get a lot more eclectic, in the best possible way!
12. And Their Creativity Makes For Some Romantic DatesSource; Facebook user WaterFire Providence WaterFire is an art installation that happens each year and is by far one of the most romantic events in Providence. Your date is sure to take you to see the beautiful fires lit over the Woonasquatucket River and the romantic Riverwalk.
13. People From Providence Will Always Make Sure You Feel Cozy and Cuddly
Source: CarbonNYCIn a study by Honeywell Heaters, Providence was ranked the “Eighth Coziest City in America,” so if you’re dating a Providencer get ready for a cuddly, cozy time. Did we miss anything? Tell us the best thing about dating someone from Providence in the comments below!
Zip Codes and Neighborhoods in Providence, RI
- 02904 Homes For Sale
- 02905 Homes For Sale
- 02907 Homes For Sale
- 02908 Homes For Sale
- 02909 Homes For Sale