10 Things Only People From Providence Will UnderstandIf someone made you choose between coffee milk and Del’s Lemonade, you’d have an existential crisis.
1. Del’s Isn’t Just Frozen Lemonade—It’s An Essential Life-Giving Substance
Source: Del’s Frozen Lemonade & Refreshments FacebookThere is literally no better way in the world to beat the heat than frozen lemonade from Del’s. But honestly, it’s so good that you drink it all winter too.
2. You Would Gladly Eat Quahogs Every Day Of Your Life
Source: Flickr user jjeffQuahogs, or hard clams, usually served stuffed, are one delicious regional treat that you’ll absolutely never get tired of. Even “Family Guy” can’t ruin them for you.
3. You Can Spot A RISD Student From A Mile Away
Source: Rhode Island School of DesignIf they’re carrying a massive portfolio, have neon hair, look like they just walked off the set of an indie movie, or dress in costume when it’s not Halloween, it’s safe to say they’re probably not a Brown student.
4. You’ve Overheard More Student Meltdowns Than You Can Count
Source: Flickr user pixbymaiaIf you’ve hung out in a twenty-four hour diner or any place with coffee during finals, you’ve heard at least one Brown University student have a minor meltdown.
5. You’re So Done With People Calling Your City Quaint
Source: Flickr user cthulhuwho1Admittedly, the architecture is pretty cute, and the people are approachable. But this isn’t the fictional town from Gilmore Girls. It’s the biggest city in Rhode Island!
6. You Are So Not Responsible For Seth MacFarlane
Source: wifflegif.comYeah, he went to RISD. But let’s be clear—no one in Providence was responsible for the way he hosted the Oscars. It’s not like he ran it by everyone in Providence or anything.
7. You’re Compared To New Yorkers And Bostonians Way Too Often
Source: Tumblr user feintsWhen outsiders try to describe people from Providence, it’s always a cross between other New England or East Coast cities, but Providence residents know they’ve got a culture all their own.
8. The Coffee Exchange Is Full Of All The Next Great American Novelists
Source: The Coffee Exchange FacebookJust the fact that Woody Allen filmed there is enough to keep those film majors and creative writing MFA students flocking, but the fantastic coffee is an added perk.
9. But Coffee Milk Is The Reason Why You Wake Up Every Morning
Source: Flickr user spablabWhen you don’t have the cash to spend at a hip coffee shop, coffee syrup goodness is always there when you need a jolt.
10. When You Want To Impress A Date You Take Them To Cable Car Cinema
Source: Cable Car Cinema & Café FacebookThis awesome indie theater is the best way to say, “Look at how artsy my taste in films (not movies, films) is,” without actually saying it. Did we miss anything? Tell us something unique about Providence in the comments below!
Zip Codes and Neighborhoods in Providence, RI
- 02903 Homes For Sale
- 02905 Homes For Sale
- 02907 Homes For Sale
- 02908 Homes For Sale
- 02909 Homes For Sale
- Elmhurst Homes For Sale
- Mount Pleasant Homes For Sale
- Downtown Providence Homes For Sale
- Washington Park Homes For Sale
- Federal Hill Homes For Sale