1. They’ll Introduce You To Some Of The Best Art In The World
Source: Flickr user ultramega
Between the New Mexico Museum of Art, the Museum of Indian Arts and Culture, The Albuquerque Museum, the Georgia O’Keeffe Museum, and the numerous up-and-coming artists in the region, you’ll never feel deprived of good art.
2. Their Fierce State Pride Is Contagious
Source: Flickr user larry1732
New Mexico pride is strong. A partner from the state will gladly introduce you to the awesome culture and history.
3. They’ll Teach You There Is No Wrong Food To Put Green Chile On
Source: Flickr user tamasrepus
After dating someone from New Mexico, you’ll never be able to go back to bland, Chile-less pizza again.
4. You’ll Expand Your Vocabulary
Most folks from New Mexico speak, at the very least, a little Spanish. Dating someone from the state means you might learn sweet talk in a whole new language.
5. If You Want To Believe, UFO Watching In Roswell Makes A Great Date Night
Source: Flickr user mrt77
What couple hasn’t wanted a bond as close as Mulder and Scully’s? If you don’t happen to catch a glimpse of any unidentified flying objects, a trip to the International UFO Museum and Research Center is a fun alternative.
6. You’ll Dig The Perks Of A Daily Siesta
Source: Flickr user chrisbrooks
Folks from New Mexico are still very attached to a siesta. You’ll learn to love the midday break and stop worrying about the shops closing.
7. They’ll Never Make You Split A Frontier Restaurant Cinnamon Roll
Source: Frontier Restaurant Facebook
You’ll each get your own cinnamon roll because they’re too good to split. Any partner from New Mexico will know splitting is just cruel.
8. There’s No Better (Or Cheaper) Date Than Enjoying The Great Outdoors
Source: Flickr user jared
Folks from New Mexico enjoy the state’s beautiful landscape, which makes for a lot of easy, cheap picnic dates.
9. No Toast Is More Romantic Than With A Glass Of New Mexico Wine
Source: Flickr user 9575673@N08
New Mexico’s wine industry predates California’s by over 100 years, so pour a couple glasses and toast to just as much longevity with your New Mexican beau.
10. You’ll Discover The Christmas Miracle That Are Biscochitos
Source: Flickr user megoizzy
These are the Christmas cookie of New Mexico. If your partner gets you nothing else this holiday season, these cookies will be enough.
11. You’ll Learn All The Things High School History Classes Left Out
Source: Museum of Indian Arts and Culture
Sometimes high school history classes leave out a lot of… well, history. New Mexico has tons of resources for people interested in what happened before Europeans got to the region, and there’s nothing better for a relationship than learning and growing together.
12. A Spa Day Pales In Comparison To Hot Springs
Source: Flickr user jessicareeder
There’s nowhere better to go to relax with your honey than a natural hot spring.
13. You’ll Find Brand New Ways To Decorate Your Apartment
Source: Flickr user 8155081@N06
It’s pretty and
edible. Beat that, Martha Stewart.
14. They’ll Show You All The Places Movies Or TV Shows Were Filmed
Source: Flickr user littlemoresunshine
Want to see all the “Breaking Bad” hot spots? Take a trip to the filming locations with your partner, and appreciate the fact that your relationship is so
much better than Walter and Skyler’s.
15. That Bouquet They Bought You Isn’t Just Pretty—It’s Practical
Source: Flickr user huumbug
The yucca flower is pretty, but the plant is also practical. You can make hemp and rope from the leaves. It’s a symbol of beauty and sturdiness—the perfect metaphor for a relationship with someone from New Mexico.
Featured image source: Flickr user jared
Did we miss anything? Tell us what you like best about dating someone from New Mexico in the comments below!