23 Things To Know About The Carolinas Before Moving ThereThere are a lot of things to know about Carolinas apart from great food, music, and crazy college sports fans.
1. Speaking of Rivalries... The N.C. vs S.C. Rivalry Is LegitSo—yeah—we’re writing an article about “the Carolinas.” But don’t think we’ve forgotten how very different the two states are (and pretty much everyone in the Carolinas will remind you of this straight off the bat). It’s not that they hate each other so much as they deeply appreciate the uniqueness of each of their states. ;)
2. Cheerwine and Sun Drop Really Make Life Pop Here
3. Unsweetened Tea Is Not Worth Drinking
4. But A Few Flurries Sends Them Into A TizzyWhile their storms can be powerful, their snow “storms” are not. But you would never know it by how they respond. They practically call in SWAT teams to deal with a half inch of snow. That being said, they do appreciate the occasional “snow” day. Which, lets be honest, is really more like a “light frost” day.
5. Forget Nashville, This Is Where Musical Geniuses Are BornIf there’s one thing they like in the Carolinas, it’s bragging about their music scene. They are the stomping ground of a ton of great musicians and bands. Just to name a few:
- Ben Folds
- James Taylor
- Mount Moriah
- Darius Rucker
- Iron and Wine
- and Toro y Moi