21 Things You Need To Know About Lexington Before you Move ThereThe perfect mix of old-fashioned Southern charm and urban excitement, Lexington won't just be your horse's new favorite city.
1. Don't Be Confused By All The Names
2. The Real "Horse Capital of the World"
3. Everyone Belongs To The Big Blue Nation
4. You’ll Want To Bring Your Bike
5. The Farmer’s Markets are Awesomesauce
6. Lexington Is The Brains Of Kentucky
7. This Place Loves Beer Almost As Much As Bourbon
8. And Wait, There’s Wine Too?!
9. You Must Try Stella’s Kentucky Deli
10. Lexington Loves Being Green Almost As Much As Being BlueBoth ‘Keep Lexington Beautiful’ and ‘Live Green Lexington’ are doing wonders for the city by getting people to clean up and green up, from picking up trash and planting gardens, to beautifying their communities. If you’re going to move here, do your part.
11. The Fourth of July Is The Biggest Holiday
12. Good Foods Market & Cafe Will Blow Your Whole Foods Away
13. You Do Not Want To Miss The Kentucky Crawfish FestivalKentuckians come out by the thousands for The Kentucky Crawfish Festival. An entire truckload of crawfish makes its way from Louisiana to Lexington the night before the festival, but even if you don’t like the little buggers, come for the jambalaya, fried catfish and alligator, and to dance the night away to cajun-jazz music.
14. A Cup Of Common Wealth Is The Best Cup O’ Joe
15. Lexington Takes Its Music With A TwangIf you love bluegrass then you are in just the right city. The Festival of the Bluegrass is one of the longest standing bluegrass festivals in the state, and is always a rockin’ good time in every way - just remember they don’t sell alcohol, so make sure to bring your own bourbon. Or beer. Or wine.
16. There’s Plenty Of Fun For Snobbier Types Too
17. The Kentucky Horse Park Events Are The Best
18. You Should Probably Keep Your Running Shoes With You
19. A Sanctuary In The Middle Of Downtown
20. Southern Lights Is MagicalEveryone looks forward to the holiday season in Lexington and not just because of the presents. Southern Lights is a favorite holiday tradition, with more than four miles of twinkling lights. This year is the 20th anniversary, and be sure to look for the new Wizard of Oz light display. Afterwards, hang out at the park and see the live reindeer!
21. Lexington Is Simply A Gorgeous Place To Live
Zip Codes and Neighborhoods in Lexington, KY
- 40502 Homes For Sale
- 40509 Homes For Sale
- 40511 Homes For Sale
- 40515 Homes For Sale
- 40517 Homes For Sale