10 Aurora Stereotypes That Are Completely AccurateIf you care way too much about red light cameras, the "Bubble Building" and county lines--and not enough about legal pot--chances are, you're an Auroran.
The author's posts are entirely his or her own and may not always reflect the views of Movoto.
1. Aurorans All Live In Trailer Parks
2. Aurorans Are A Bunch Of Jocks
3. There's No Such Thing As A Native Auroran
4. Aurorans Love To Get Down And Dirty On East Colfax
5. Aurorans Are Still Celebrating The Demise Of The Loathed "Bubble Building"The Fan Fare Building, which was thrown up in 1961, inspired countless Aurorans to do just that ever since as a classic example of Midcentury Hideous. What's worse, this one-time indoor flea market stood unused since 1985 when its last tenant, an electric company, abandoned it to the rats and spiders. This asbestos-filled hulk squatted on the corner of 3rd and Havana for nearly 30 years until the city government, after much foot-dragging, (and Auroran chin-wagging) finally got around to knocking it down earlier this year. The plot of land Fan Fare once (dis)graced is now a somewhat more scenic vacant lot, as the city has no imminent plans for its re-use, but Aurorans all breathed a collective sigh of relief once the demolition was done.
6. Aurorans Are Super Pissed Off About The City's Red-Light Cameras
7. Aurorans Are A Bunch of Buzzkills
8. Aurorans Lose Their $#!7 Over County Lines--No Seriously, They Really Care About This
9. Aurorans Suffer From A Chronic Suburb Inferiority Complex
10. Aurorans Are Resilient In The Face Of Tragedy
Feature image source: Flickr user John Montague
Zip Codes and Neighborhoods in Aurora, CO
- 80012 Homes For Sale
- 80013 Homes For Sale
- 80014 Homes For Sale
- 80015 Homes For Sale
- 80016 Homes For Sale