Let’s face it, every real estate agent wants to be at the very top of their game. But influences both external and internal can keep you from achieving what you desire most.
That’s why we here at Movoto felt the need to write this article, which directly targets agents and informs them of 5 tips that can help them be their very best.
Let’s get started!
1. Be Clear About What “Success” Means to You
Success is an entirely subjective term, meaning different things to different people. In order to be successful, you need to define for yourself what “success” is. You can do this by defining what your ideal professional life would be. Ask yourself a few questions like “How many hours a day do you want to work?”, “Who would your ideal client be?”, and “How much would you ideally like to earn?” and you may find your answer. (On that last question, aim for an income that is optimistic yet realistic.)
2. Take Full Responsibility for Yourself, Your Life, and Your Business
Simply put, “Your success depends on your mindset, not on the economy.” That means no more excuses, no more victim mentality, no more blaming your circumstances, and no more reasons why you can’t do something. When you choose to take 100% responsibility over yourself and your success, you’ll find success.
3. Ignore the Mainstream Media
It’s the prerogative of the media to make things seem as negative as possible — negativity nets them more attention and more sales. Try and focus on media (“books, CDs, articles, and even some DVDs”) that will keep you thinking positively. A positive, can-do attitude will help you be your personal best.
4. Stay Positive During Conversations
No one likes a Negative Nancy. Ironically, though, misery loves company, so you may find that other negative people may try to drag you down with them. Counteract their negativity with positive, upbeat statements. Be sure to also stay excited about real estate. As the original article puts it, “Desperation doesn’t sell, excitement does.”
5. Don’t Let Old Beliefs Keep You from Being Your Best
Many people, regardless of whether they’re agents or not, are plagued by the fear of success, the feeling that they must put the needs of others before their own, the idea that they’re not worthy of financial gain, the notion that you’re bothering someone by calling them, and the feeling that they’re “just not good enough”. Fight these thoughts and feelings by:
- Realizing that you create your life and that you can make your dreams happen
- Encouraging yourself with positive self talk so you don’t beat yourself up over things
- Visualizing what you want to happen, connecting with it, and practicing it daily
- Utilizing a pro-success mindset and ridding yourself of any anti-success mindset (one which harbors “fear, doubt, hesitation, and self-limiting beliefs”)
- Receiving outside support from a coach (either an accountability coach, mindset coach, or both)
Stephanie Huskey is the resident real estate blogger for Movoto and hopes you find these real estate agent tips helpful as you strive to be the best in your field. Interested in getting her advice on your blog? She’s currently seeking guest blogging opportunities so she can share her knowledge with new communities! You can find her over here at Elance.com.