Silicon Valley Company Seeks New Talent From Across U.S.
We are looking for a web graphic designer to join an exciting and rapidly growing Internet consumer software start-up. The company seeks to disrupt the large real estate industry with new technologies and the Internet infrastructure. The combination of an improved service quality to consumers enabled by our products and a significantly more efficient business model opens a large business opportunity for the company.
You will work with a team of high-caliber, experienced, passionate, and competent people. You’ll be working side-by-side with the product management team to design the look and feel of new features along with helping to expand the site’s feature set and functionality that is designed to be used by millions of online visitors.
Movoto.com is a real estate brokerage based in San Mateo CA. This position will be designing for the company’s blog, www.movoto.com/blog.
- Work with Product Management team to design the look and feel of web content
- Work with Product Management team in defining and refining the user experience throughout the sites to achieve company goals.
- Create user interfaces that work elegantly and intuitively.
- Design marketing and promotional material such as newsletters, letterheads
- Create visual assets such as icons, banners, logos
- Turn wireframe mockups into attractive, usable designs
- Portfolio that demonstrates proficiency in web graphics / usability design / user experience design
- Expert in Photoshop, Illustrator or similar
- Strong understanding of modern website design principles
- Experience in improving website user experience
- At least 2-3 years experience designing visual web content
- Strong visual design sense
- Good understanding of HTML, CSS, Flash
- Experience working on large scale, search-driven websites, preferably with over one million unique visitors / month
- Education: Formal design training, BA/BS degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Visual Communications or equivalent work experience
- Must be able to handle multiple projects with a high attention to detail in a timely manner
- Outstanding and well-organized written and verbal communication skills
- $15 / hr
We are requiring all applicants to submit a design sample. Because we have specific objectives identified, this task is put in place to assess if your style of design is aligned with our targeted goals. Please note that we are in no way affiliated with Vinoenology or Facebook.
We would like to give you an opportunity to demonstrate your skills and approach. This task is based on redesigning a simple web page. We’ve chosen the Craigslist help page located at http://www.craigslist.org/about/help/ for this purpose. Please change the look and feel/UI of this one page to mimic the style of the Facebook website. The goal is that we would like to see if you can re-style a website to a specific look-and feel. Feel free to re-organize the contents showing on the page with contents you think are the most important ones. We understand your time is important, so please spend no longer than two hours on this task.
Qualified Applicants should reply to this listing with an attached resume, cover letter, a link to your online portfolio and design sample. Please email to jobs at movoto dot com with subject line “Web Graphics Design”
Who is Movoto Real Estate, you might ask? Movoto is a national online real estate brokerage. Our blog has been recognized for its unique approach to city-based research by major news organizations around the world such as Forbes, CBS News, and The New York Times.