1. You Grew Up Idolizing The Texas Tech Raiders (And, Let’s Be Honest, You Still Kinda Want To Be The Next Masked Rider)
2. You Were Dining At Stubb’s Before It Was Cool
Before the famous Stubb’s Barbecue branched out to Austin, it started in Lubbock. Folks like Joe Ely and Tom T. Hall played here, literally singing for their supper.
3. And You Knew Your Dinner Before It Was BBQ
4. Your Boots Are Caked In Dust Because It’s Everywhere
5. You Know the Mahon Library Is Nice, But The Other “Library” Is Nicer
6. Your Childhood Was Filled With Movies, Milkshakes, And Burgers At The Stars And Stripes Drive-In Theater…
7. Roller Coasters, Bumper Cars, And Cotton Candy At The Joyland Amusement Park
8. And Some Of The Best Brisket In West Texas
Whether you grew up in Lubbock in the ‘60s, ‘80s, or you’re living there now, Tom & Bingo’s BBQ has been the King of Brisket since it opened in the early ‘50s.
9. You Know A Thing Or Two About Rock And Roll
Not only was Lubbock home to rock legend Buddy Holly, but there’s also quite a bit of live music here at places like the Blue Light, Cactus Courtyard, and at the Lubbock Music Festival.
10. You Might Just Say You’re Fixin’ To Eat Some Supper
If ya’ll are from Lubbock, you know full well that supper is dinner, and if you’re fixin’ to eat it, you’re just moments away.
11. And It Might Just Be A Plate of Fried Cheese From Spanky’s
12. You Know The True Meaning of the Word “Heat”
13. And You Know The True Bliss Of A Cool, Dry, Summer Night
14. You Know How to Two-Step
15. Cotton Really Is The Fabric Of Your Life
The cotton fields go on forever.
16. You Wanted Be A Doll Where You Grew Up…
One of the West Texas Roller Dollz, that is.
17. Or Maybe A Paleontologist
After taking a trip to the Museum of Texas Tech University, I wanted to be an archeologist—or at least get some part-time work at the museum.
18. You Wonder Why The Rest Of The Country Is So Dang Expensive…
The cost of living index is 100 in the U.S.? Shoot, in Lubbock it’s only 85.
19. And Where Everyone Else’s Hearts Are
20. And Why The Sunset Never Seems To Look As Beautiful As It Does In Lubbock
It’s simply magical.
Looking for a new home? Movoto’s got you covered. With millions of listings, plenty of property information, and established agents all over the country, we make finding your future home simple. And when you’re ready to take a break from browsing homes, you can always come back here to learn more about your favorite cities.