1. Because you’re sure to feel welcome here.
2. And you’ll quickly learn that this city is the definition of picturesque…
3. … even (especially?) at night.
4. Because who wouldn’t want to get schooled here…
Taken at the University of Scranton
5. … and cheer on the unstoppable women’s soccer team.
6. Because they’re proud of the nickname…
7. … snow or no snow.
8. Because the people haven’t forgotten their history…
9. … and sometimes turn it into something new.
Taken at the Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton
10. Because even pigeons can make for an inspiring sight.
11. And Christmas decorations are serious business.
12. Because even when it’s freezing, this place is beautiful.
13. Although spring can be pretty spectacular too.
14. Because even if you’re not vegan, the food at Eden is scrumptious.
Taken at Eden—A Vegan Cafe
15. And Zummo’s is the perfect place to warm yourself up with a perfect cup of joe.
Taken at Zummo’s Cafe
16. Because walking down the street is basically like a tourism advertisement…
17. … any time of year.
18. Because a day on the lake is just a few minutes away.
Taken at Lake Scranton
19. And this bridge on the water is the ultimate “pop the question” spot.
20. Because you could snap your fingers to some snazzy jazz…
Taken at the Scranton Jazz Festival
21. … or be serenaded at the mall.
22. Because where else could you find an 18-foot tall Ferris Wheel made out of K’nex at the mall.
23. Or a museum exhibit on vampires.
Taken at the Everhart Museum
24. Because they know the meaning of teamwork.
25. Because everyone’s got a limit to how much cold they can stand. Even with fur.
26. Although maybe feathers are the secret.
27. Because you could stop here for a beer (or two) and then walk next door…
28. … to pick up your gnome T-shirt.
Above two photos taken at the Backyard Ale House
29. Because you never know where you might make a friend.
30. Or two, or three.
Who is Movoto Real Estate, you might ask? Movoto is a national online real estate brokerage. Our blog has been recognized for its unique approach to city-based research by major news organizations around the world such as Forbes, CBS News, and The New York Times.