1. Welcome to the supreme beauty of the Hudson Valley.
Red Barn, Krumkill Road, Albany
2. Where the sunrises and sunsets look like watercolor paintings…
3. …cloud-heavy skies loom over rolling green mountains…
View from Devil’s Path east of Indian Head Mountain in Catskill Mountains
4. …and creeks babble beside old mills.
Wappingers Creek, Red Oaks Mill, Poughkeepsie, New York
5. You’d never suspect this castle-like structure was once a crematorium.
Crematorium at Oakwood Cemetery, Troy
6. Speaking of castles. Who needs Europe when you’ve got structures like the Mohonk Mountain House?
The Mohonk Mountain House in Ulster County, New York
7. Ancient Greek ruins? So what? The Bannerman Castle is just begging you to come visit.
Bannerman Castle, Pollepel Island
8. P.S. There’s a Buddhist Monastery here too. You don’t need to travel anywhere else, ever.
Chuang Yen Monastery, Putnam County
9. Get lost wandering the boardwalks of Constitution Marsh…
10. …or trekking along the Appalachian Trail.
Appalachian Trail near Perkins Memorial Tower, Bear Mountain, NY
11. Reaching the top of Breakneck Ridge will make you feel like a true champion.
12. The juxtaposition of sky, mountains, and lake will never get old.
Cooper Lake near Woodstock
13. And the Hudson Valley dressed in flaming foliage? Simply gorgeous.
14. This Wavefield beats the ocean any day.
Storm King Sculpture Garden in New Windsor
15. Mt. Beacon turned blue by winter is picture perfect.
16. Just imagine how peaceful it must be to listen to the musical trickling of this stream…
Sam’s Point Preserve in Ellenville, NY
17. …or to spend an hour exploring this old mill.
Old mill, Tarrytown
18. West Point looks serene shrouded in the winter chill.
19. The Innisfree Garden is the perfect place to take a stroll.
Innisfree Garden, Dutchess
20. Take a moment and watch the sunset…
Sunset in Wappingers Falls, NY
21. …notice the way the water catches the last pink rays of light…
Norrie State Park, Hudson River at sunset
22. …and sit back for a show of starbursts.
Fireworks in Ossining
What’s the most beautiful spot in the Hudson Valley? Tell us in the comments below!