1. This Is the Best Museum Ever
2. This Is Where You Go to Take Long Walks
3. Even Our Subway Stations Look Good
4. Skating at Frog Pond Is a Requirement
5. Name a Better Park
6. Fenway Park
7. Our Accent Is Awesome
It’s like we speak in a secret language that everyone else wants to know.
8. Our Beautiful Streets
Cobblestone streets and gaslight lamps reminds us just how much history our city has.
9. The Ig Nobel Prize Is Here
We have a sense of humor that is second to none. The above picture of a levitating frog–which won an honest to goodness prize.
10. The Swan Boats
Sure the Boston Public Garden already made the list, but the Swan Boats are a big part of what makes the garden so great.
11. The Carousel at Boston Common
You know you want to take a ride. It’s only $3. Relive your childhood.
12. We Know How to Pick ‘Em
How about a family outing or an interesting date at Belkin Family Lookout Farm?
13. The Best Oysters Bar None
Island Creek Oyster Bar is the type of restaurant you can only find in a large city. It literally brings the restaurant to the farmer.
14. We Are Basically Spoiled When It Comes to Beer
Boston has more than its fair share of craft beer on top. Try The Publick House, Stoddard’s, and Five Horses.
15. How Easy Is the T to Use?
We make New York’s subway system look silly.
16. We Drive Better Than 95 Percent of the World
What everyone else doesn’t realize is that they are actually bad at driving.
17. Cannolis Are a Little Touristy…But Still Amazing
Argue all you want, but this is where you get a good cannoli — Maria’s Pastry.
18. Our Ice Cream Is Worth the World’s Worst Brain Freeze
We pretty much reinvented ice cream. Thank you Steve Herrell.
19. This Is What We Call Art
20. The Club of Odd Volumes
We take our reading very, very seriously. We have high standards, thanks to people such as “His Oddship” Alex T. Hollingsworth.
21. We Love Sports
World Series count: 2007, 2004, 1918, 1916, 1915, 1912, and 1903.
22. No…We Really Love Sports
23. This Makes Us Cry Tears of Joy
24. We Are as Opened Minded as It Gets
25. Freedom Trail Is Not Just for Tourists
26. We Support Local Business
The Union Oyster House is reportedly the oldest restaurant in the country.
27. Our Movie Stars Rep Our City
Ben Affleck… or should I say the new Batman?
28. We Believe in Steam Power
Steamed hot dogs are a thing. Keep it simple, and keep your stomach happy.
29. The Only Donut Chain that Matters
30. Better Clam Chowder Than Anywhere
Anthem Kitchen + Bar. Wear stretchy pants
Who is Movoto Real Estate, you might ask? Movoto is an online real estate brokerage based in San Mateo, CA. Our blog has been recognized for its unique approach to city-based research by major news organizations around the world such as Forbes and CBS News.