Happy (almost) Halloween, subscribers!
Here at Movoto Real Estate, our bloggers are excited for the start of the holiday season! We think you’re never too old to dress up for the festivities (and we love any excuse for free candy)! As far as the blog goes, we’re finally seeing an end to our dry(-ish) spell and planning to bounce back stronger than ever.
In the past month, we launched a house into space, turned Mario’s gold coins into real-life currency, watched Romney foreclose on Big Bird, and more. We’ve started branching out with our topics, and we hope you’re enjoying some of our recent content:
- We dabbled in a new real estate market by calculating what it would cost to send your home to Real Estate’s Final Frontier: Be the First to Launch Your Home into Space
- We figured out the price of moving in next to our red-sweater-wearing friend Mister Rogers in our blog post Won’t You Be His Neighbor: The Cost of Mister Rogers’ Make Believe Home
- After figuring out the price of Bowser’s Castle, our obsession led us to calculate the cost of a gold coin and what you could buy with them using Super Mario Bros: Cash in Your Dollars for 8-bit Gold
- When Gov. Romney mentioned cutting funding for Big Bird, we looked at how many of our favorite human-sized bird’s nests would fit in Romney’s La Jolla mansion in Romney Forecloses on Big Bird
- The uproar over the NFL using replacement referees got us thinking about Replacement Refs v. Replacement Realtors: You Make the Call
- Considering the likelihood of feathered fowl from Angry Birds coming alive and invading, we came up with a way for you to bird-proof your house When Angry Birds Attack: Build Your Bird-Proof Home
Movoto: Moving Forward
Movoto’s sister site, SpotProperty, also recently underwent its first update and now allows you to enter customized search options for unique housing deals. On SpotProperty you can select your location, set your price range, and choose your home size to find real estate deals that match your specifications.
1. What is your role at Movoto?
I mostly deal with our partner agents, working to improve communication and outreach efforts. I’m also currently working on a project for the Movoto website to create new shareable content and market it to other websites.
2. What do you like most about working for Movoto?
I love all the fun people who work here! Wednesday company lunches and awesome co-workers make Movoto a pretty cool place.
3. What’s been your favorite Movoto moment so far?
The annual Tahoe trip last month was incredible. It’s hard not to have a good time with jet skis, speed boats, 10-bedroom lodges, bars, and casinos. Movoto definitely knows how to throw a party, and I’m already looking forward to next year. Oh, and I almost forgot to mention the wing-eating contest!
4. What do you plan on dressing up as for Halloween?
I haven’t gotten a costume yet, but I’m hoping to get some trick-or-treaters at my house. I like to stay home and answer the door and see all the kids’ costumes, but last year we only got a couple. I’m hoping the decorations we put up will draw a bigger crowd this time. My neighbor has black lights everywhere and a fog machine, so I think kids will be interested.
Want to Share Your Ideas?
Have a crazy awesome idea for a Movoto blog piece? Don’t be shy, let us know! Email our Content Editor (he’s also our resident Jedi Master) David Cross at firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Crazy Awesome Blog Idea” in the header.
The Movoto blog is a service of Movoto Real Estate. If you’re looking for a new home, keep us in mind. We have up-to-date real estate listings and local agents throughout the country. When you want to take a break from browsing homes, you can keep coming back to read awesome blog posts like this one.
Looking for a new home? Movoto’s got you covered. With millions of listings, plenty of property information, and established agents all over the country, we make finding your future home simple. And when you’re ready to take a break from browsing homes, you can always come back here to learn more about your favorite cities.