Hello subscribers, and welcome to our second official newsletter!
We don’t have much to complain about this month here at the Movoto Blog: our site reached a new point of epic proportions after getting over 10,000 visits in a single day. Oh yeah, and Wired called us “prolific Novelty Real Estate bloggers.”
Here’s what else is hoppin’ in the world of the Movoto writers:
- Internet waves have been abuzz with talk of our animal mowers calculator, featured on cool tech websites like Gizmodo and Wired. (We’re a little jealous that we didn’t think of Wired’s awesome title: “A Cow, a Goat, and a Chicken Walk Into My Backyard, and Eat It” for our piece.)
- We pinned down the (contested) location of Wayne Manor and priced the massively amazing estate in Batman’s Crib: The Real World Value of Wayne Manor.
- Speaking of awesome mansions, we channeled one of our favorite board games and found out the cost of The Real Life Clue Mansion: This Price Will Kill You.
- We spent some time Revisiting Olympic Villages: Where the Olympians Get Down ’n Dirty to honor our favorite biennial sports event and check out how past Athletes’ Villages have fared.
- Our Content Editor broached one of–if not the–most intriguing housing niches in What You Secretly Wanted to Know About Nudist House Hunting But Were Afraid to Ask.
- Read all of our prolific novelty real estate pieces and our new “About Us” section on the Movoto blog!
Movoto: Moving Forward
Our latest (and greatest) iPhone app has officially launched! The new version features “Home Roam,” which lets you see other available properties when you scroll around the map, and shows past sales of the property under Price History. Also get excited for Movoto’s iPad app, which we’re expecting to release in about a month.
Movoto Real Estate has some other great news about our home site: we’re working on expanding our listings to other U.S. cities! Within the next few weeks, Movoto.com will begin to show listings for Lexington, Kentucky and Oklahoma City, with more to come throughout the rest of the year.
1. What is your role at Movoto?
Graphic/Visual designer–essentially I flesh out ideas in Photoshop and make them presentable for the Product Department. Sometimes I get to code (which is really fun) and I also get to design our mobile products.
2. What is your favorite Movoto moment?
I think one of my most favorite moments is, after a long day at work on a Friday, we ate fancy cheese & wine to celebrate! We played dance music and had a blast! Laughed so much and had such a great time.
3. If you could have any animal as a pet, what would it be?
I actually really, really want a Savannah cat! They don’t have “cat hair” so my friends and relatives with cat allergies wouldn’t have to avoid my house like the plague! They are also super cute and it’s said they act more like dogs than typical cats.
4. Which pet(s) from our mowing calculator would you want to mow your grass for you?
Either guinea pigs for the whole “furry, moving lawn” image they’d make or goats because I love goats!
Want to Share Your Ideas?
Have a crazy awesome idea for a Movoto blog piece? Don’t be shy, let us know! Email our Content Editor (he’s also our resident Jedi Master) David Cross at email@example.com and put “Crazy Awesome Blog Idea” in the header.
Who is Movoto Real Estate, you might ask? Movoto is an online real estate brokerage based in San Mateo, CA. Our blog has been recognized for its unique approach to city-based research by major news organizations around the world such as Forbes and CBS News.