Greetings, Movoto Blog subscribers! This month we’ve seen incredible traffic on our blog, thanks in part to the success of our diversity of article topics. Here are a few of this month’s highlights:
- Our LEGO My House calculator went viral on sites such as Boing Boing, Neatorama, National Review, the BBC, and a few Brazilian and Norwegian pages, drawing more than 1,000 “Likes” within a week
- Continuing the trend of childhood toys, we launched Real World Monopoly: Marvin Gardens is the New Boardwalk, a story comparing the properties that Monopoly was originally based on to their values today
- We dabbled with the question of Is Instagram Real Estate’s Next Frontier? and found the app’s best filters to use when selling your house
- One of our writers had the privilege of learning about the National Association of Gay & Lesbian Real Estate Professionals in LGBT Housing: Discrimination Exists. You Can Change It
- Check out our blog homepage to read all of this month’s fun pieces!
Movoto: Moving Forward
In other company news, we just launched SpotProperty, a technology designed by Movoto to compare data and housing trends and find customers the best daily deals for homes (read our SpotProperty blog piece to learn more). It’s like Groupon or LivingSocial–but for homes.
Also be sure to download and check out our new Movoto app on iTunes, which makes the same property listings featured on our website always within reach!
1. What is your role at Movoto?
Team motivator—I guess it’s always been my job to get employees excited about Movoto.
My official job is to make sure we have successful partnerships with all of our agents and make sure our agents give stellar service to our clients.
2. What is your favorite Movoto moment?
One definitely would be when I caked [Founder and CEO] Henry Shao for his birthday three years ago. Another one was back in our Redwood City office—one of the product mangers ate/drank one of our fishes. But it’s kind of the everyday random moments that keep me laughing.
3. What was your favorite toy as a kid?
Not sure. But I still have my Tickle Me Elmo.
4. If you could direct your own movie, what would it be about?
It would be about Movoto. We really need a camera crew in there.
Want to Share Your Ideas?
Have a crazy awesome idea for a Movoto blog piece? Don’t be shy, let us know! Email our Content Editor (he’s also our resident Jedi Master) David Cross at firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Crazy Awesome Blog Idea” in the header.