Still thinking of buying a home while the 2010 Homebuyer’s tax credit is available? With tax season on the horizon, many buyers are setting their sights on saving as much as possible. Remember, first-time homebuyers are eligible for a tax credit of up $8,000 and repeat homebuyers are eligible for a tax credit of up to $6,500, but here’s a quick refresher on who qualifies:
- Homebuyers who have signed a binding sales contract by April 30, 2010 and completed a home purchase before June 30, 2010
- Single homebuyers with an income limit of $125,000
- Married homebuyers with an income limit of $225,000
- Homebuyers purchasing a home under $800,000
- Homebuyers who have not owned a home for 3 years
- Existing homeowners who have owned their primary residence for at least 5 consecutive years
Who is Movoto Real Estate, you might ask? Movoto is an online real estate brokerage based in San Mateo, CA. Our blog has been recognized for its unique approach to city-based research by major news organizations around the world such as Forbes and CBS News.