Still thinking of buying a home while the 2010 Homebuyer’s tax credit is available? With tax season on the horizon, many buyers are setting their sights on saving as much as possible. Remember, first-time homebuyers are eligible for a tax credit of up $8,000 and repeat homebuyers are eligible for a tax credit of up to $6,500, but here’s a quick refresher on who qualifies:
- Homebuyers who have signed a binding sales contract by April 30, 2010 and completed a home purchase before June 30, 2010
- Single homebuyers with an income limit of $125,000
- Married homebuyers with an income limit of $225,000
- Homebuyers purchasing a home under $800,000
- Homebuyers who have not owned a home for 3 years
- Existing homeowners who have owned their primary residence for at least 5 consecutive years
Looking for a new home? Movoto’s got you covered. With millions of listings, plenty of property information, and established agents all over the country, we make finding your future home simple. And when you’re ready to take a break from browsing homes, you can always come back here to learn more about your favorite cities.